Thursday, October 14, 2010

Future Writer?

Cael with his ook and his en.
Recently, Cael started pointing to his hand and saying, "Ook." He also would say, "Share," while pointing to his cheek (which should really be his temple). It took me a few days to realize he was speaking Blue's Clues. Although he hasn't watched it a lot, he has picked up these two signs from the show. (For those who aren't subjected to watching endless children's shows and getting songs stuck on continuous play in their heads, on Blue's Clues, the main character writes down clues in a notebook and sits in a chair to think, think, think.)

On Sunday in church, I gave him a little notebook I had in my bag and a pen with which to write. Yesterday, he asked for the book while signing by pointing to his hand. I gave him the notebook from my church bag, with a pencil this time (sometimes I get smarter). He hasn't let go of the "ook" since. He even slept with it last night and is taking his nap with it now.

I am just hoping he will be a writer someday. Funny boy.

2 comments:

Julz said...

The things he learns! Smart kiddo. must get it from you!

Marcie Ashton said...

I had forgotten about "Blues Clues". Good Times, good times. Now I am into continues episodes of Hannah Montana and all things Disney Channel.