Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Watching the Snow Fall

I used to think that parents were the ones who were supposed to teach their kids what they needed to know to get through life and thereafter. Yet, while I teach Cael to sing his ABC's and "You Are My Sunshine," he teaches me more powerful lessons. 

One day, I told Cael it was snowing. "So! So!" He said, and he went to see it outside our back door. He made himself comfortable and just watched the snow fall. I busily cleaned and ran around like a madwoman, per usual, while he quietly observed individual flakes falling to our dry earth.

I need to take a breath, slow down, and prop myself next to him more often.

After all, snow is a rarity around here, but time is ever fleeting. 

1 comment:

Marcie Ashton said...

Thanks Cael (and Suzanne) for the reminder!