Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wash Shursh

In the Primary room in church in Holbrook
We have General Conference recorded on our DVR, so we can watch one talk for Family Home Evening until conference rolls around again (We try, anyway). Cael has always loved hearing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing when we would have it on, and now he has taken to asking to, "Wash shursh" on other occasions, too. He will even pick that over Blue's Clues or Monsters, Inc.

When he watches church, and it is time to sing, he is the choir director. He finds a suitable place in the house that resembles a music stand (Luckily for us, we have several that work.), and he waves his arms around like he is the next Mack Wilberg. It is quite entertaining, I must say. He often commands Paul, me, or the both of us to sing, so that he can lead when we won't wash shursh with him (I need my Biggest Loser, okay?)
Cael is ever adding to his repertoire, so he now acts out all of church. He goes from leading the song from his "music stand" in one spot (a decorative tile on a mini-easel on a table) to giving the talk from his pulpit in another spot (the inversion machine) and back to his little chair for the prayer. Who is this kid?

About a month ago, this whole thing just went too far, as Cael decided he should be Terry Haws, Jr. in our ward on Fast Sunday. He was no longer satisfied on the back row doing his thing; he had to get up there to that music stand. The wheels turned, the smoke flew from his ears, and the plan commenced.

1) Get away from Mom-mom and Da-da-ee, who will prevent me from reaching my destination. Do this by going to sit with the Davis family. They won't tell me no, and they are several rows closer to the front.

2) Go down the row to each person, tugging on his or her hand to get them to take me up with them. There are six of them, so my odds are good.

3) Get up on the stand with Hope and Austin. But wait! They both talked into the thing, and now I'm going back down. So close!

4) Go down the row to each person again. This time, Uncle Ray can't resist. He thinks I am following the Spirit to get him to bear his testimony. Ha ha!

5) He takes me up, I run over to put my book on the extra music stand, and I begin to lead, wasting no time this go-around. Some lady is talking and crying while Nay waits his turn, but everyone is watching me.

6) In the middle of my bliss, I am whisked away suddenly by Da-da-ee and taken outside the door. My moment is over. The worst part is that I left my hymn book on the stand. Oh no!

7) Try again next time.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Too funny!

Julz said...

lol that is way too funny! He is such an awesome little guy.