Sunday, September 14, 2008

Top Ten Things Cael Has Taught Me (in 8 weeks)


I have found out much about myself and about life these past eight weeks with my wonderful son. Here are the top ten things Cael has helped me learn as I watch and interact with him:

10. Time playing with loved ones is time best-spent, even if dinner is late or the table dusty.

9. Napping is a great way to spend half of an hour (or three hours- who am I kidding?).

8. The people who truly love you don't care if you have morning breath, or if your hair is fixed, or even if you shower; they just want you to pick them up when they're down and can't get up themselves.

7. Better out than in! Holding in the "bad gas" just makes one miserable. Let it out - of either end;) (or, as Kirstin would say, "Put it in a bubble and blow it away.")

6. Learning something new is hard but well worth the effort.

5. Rocking is soothing and will put a baby to sleep, not to mention a tired Mommy.

4. Expressing your emotions is essential and healthy communication: scream to get what you want, cry to get what you want, laugh to get what you want, coo and gurgle to get what you want . . .

3. You can't hug and kiss the ones you love enough.

2. Stretching feels really good, especially in the morning.

1. A real smile is a gift from one heart to another.

Thank you, Cael, for teaching me. I love you!

No comments: