Monday, August 26, 2013

My journey continued...

From Eau Galle, I ventured further south to Pepin, the birthplace of Laura Ingalls Wilder. The series of Little House books were among my favorites growing up, and I watched every episode of the T.V. series, so I was excited to learn that we were close to some of the actual history of these stories.
On the way back to Menomonie from Pepin, I got a little lost as the signal on my phone was sporadic, and I was relying on the GPS directions. I enjoyed it, though, as I found myself in wooded areas with no people around. I saw a deer right by the side of the road, and I saw a bald eagle up close to my vehicle! I slowed down to try to get a picture, but I just watched it instead. It flew majestically over the green trees and rolling hills, and I watched in awe, being reminded of why this is our national bird, our national symbol. It is unique and beautiful and soars with freedom.

No comments: